You’re going to love this Redbud plan and schedule sent to us by an Oklahoma library-media specialist. It involves the counselor and specials teachers! Send us yours and we’ll share it! RedbudPlanExample
The first five Redbud extension pages have been completed. Please click below and check them out and let us know if you have any ideas for us to add.
We are working on the others, with the help of some library-media friends. Let us know if you wish to tackle a title and we’ll trade your extension page for a free book!
CLICK HERE to view a list of 20 great read-alouds that we really enjoyed. They just didn’t make the top 16.
If you’d like these sent to your Perma-Bound online account as a list – just let us know!
Check back soon for extension activities for each Redbud book. We’re still working on it.
Click below to view our latest newsletter, which includes a cute Redbud intro video plus lots of great implementation ideas.
Lots more to come, including a bracket with book images, and extension titles and activities for each book. Please check back weekly!
- Life on Mars by Jon Agee
- Don’t Blink by Tom Booth
- My Friend Maggie by Hannah Harrison (OK)
- Be Quiet! By Ryan Higgins
- Quit Calling Me a Monster! by Jory John
- Green Pants by Kenneth Kraegel
- Little Wolf’s First Howling by Laura Kvasnosky
- 7 Ate 9 by Tara Lazar
- Bella’s Fall Coat by Lynn Plourde
- Caring For Your Lion by Tammi Sauer (OK)
- Best in Snow by April Sayre
- Bob, Not Bob! by Audrey Vernick and Elizabeth Scanlon
- Toad on the Road by Stephen Shaskan
- Is That Wise, Pig? by Jan Thomas
- They All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel
- Nanette’s Baguette by Mo Willems
REDBUD ORDERING INFORMATION:
CATALOG NUMBER: 1082184
PROMO CODE OKR17
Order $150 in Redbud titles, and save $15. Order $300 in Redbud titles and save $30.
Introducing the NEW 2018 Redbud Read-Aloud Award Program for PK-2nd grade Oklahoma students!
Check back here September 1st for a list of sixteen great read-alouds, including TWO by OKLAHOMA authors!!!
A poster and more program information, including pacing guide, bracket, lesson plans, and more will be available by October 3rd. Pick up yours at the Perma-Bound booth at OTA.
Happy Back-to-School time! We hope you had a great summer!
Within the next few days, you should receive a letter from us. It has some great Perma-Bound information.
Here are a few updates:
- 1. We send out a “weekly” email newsletter, but only about 20% of the recipients open it. Please make sure your email service is set up to accept emails from kennethbrown(at)perma-bound.com and kylebrown(at)perma-bound.com.
- 2. We post links to the email newsletters on this website, so if you think you’ve missed a newsletter, check here for it.
- 3. Want an author to visit your school? Let us help. Narrow down your list of authors and we’ll help put out the word to find other schools to host and help share the travel costs.
- 4. Two 2018 SEQUOYAH VIDEOS are done! Customers – please contact us for the link to the Children’s and Intermediate videos. The authors speak to the Oklahoma students about their nominated books. High School video will be ready soon!
- 5. We are in the process of making great Sequoyah promotional items. Word searches, Sequoyah voter ID cards, “I Voted” printables, and much more. Check back here for more information.
- 6. We know budgets are strained, but we appreciate your continued support, and we hope you will use us as a resource to stretch your book dollars.
Have a wonderful school year!
Kyle and Kenneth – The Brown Brothers
Our latest newsletter is available. The second annual GROW YOUR SEQUOYAH ISSUE! Please click on the menu at the right for great information on ways to grow your Sequoyah Book Award program. The newsletter even contains printable charts, voter ID cards, puzzles, and amazing ideas for kicking off your program, and following through with campaigning, voting activities, watch parties, and more!
The newsletter also includes information about a free Skype opportunity with Holly Schindler, author of 2017 Children’s Sequoyah Award nominee for “Junction of Sunshine and Lucky”.
And, the newsletter also spotlights great new books by Oklahoma authors.
Finally, if you are a Perma-Bound customer, and you haven’t requested your 2017 Sequoyah video link – email us today!